Watercolor with Lexi
Book Study Featuring: Watercolor in Nature
By Rosalie Haizlett
What: Book study in which we tackle a new lesson each week in Watercolor in Nature
When: Three Opportunities to Watch (2 LIVES or 1 Replay each week)
Wednesday Morning Session 9:30am to 11:30am PST (April 5th, 12th, 19th, May 3rd and 10th)
*No Class 4/26 or 4/27
Thursday Night Session 6:30pm to 8:30pm PST (April 6th, 13th, 20th, May 4th and 11th)
More nature studies over the next five weeks, however our new book is Watercolor in Nature by Rosalie Haizlett. We will combine our love of nature, watercolor and art journal style with this delightful book, so plan to merge multiple lessons this session and document our colors etc. It is important to note that purchase of the selected book or ebook is required for class and is NOT included in the cost of the class. Each week we tackle a new lesson, and I help to further break down and demystify the exercises outlined. This is my take on the lesson, and most lessons I go a bit rogue (as it’s my interpretation of the lesson).
*Purchase of Book or Digital Ebook is Required to Take This Class!
- Watercolor paints (reference my top 27 colors)
- Pencil & eraser
- Micron pens 01 (black or brown )
- Bleedproof White or White Gouache
- Water cup
- Palette for mixing colors
- Watercolor brushes Round 18/0, 2 and 6
- Heat tool or hair dryer
- Painters Tape
- Art tote or rigid surface to tape your watercolor paper down to
- Watercolor paper coldpress 9x12 (we will likely cut down and work smaller, but might go bigger some weeks)
- Metal Stylus or bruising tool
- Optional: if you do not wish to free hand sketch the weekly lesson, you might want to consider purchasing some carbon or tracing paper, I’ve had great success with this brand.
- Saral Graphite Transfer Paper
We have a private Facebook Messenger group for each of my online classes. If we are not “friends” already on Facebook, please send me a friend request here. I will add you to this Messenger group. It’s a place to communicate with fellow students, share work, ask questions, and a place I can communicate with all of you in one place.
At the time of purchase, you will receive an email from Send Owl, if you do not receive an email within 20 minutes of your purchase, please check your trash or spam mail. In the event that you do not have an email, please reach out, and I will send it to you manually. The Send Owl email includes your class outline and class details. You have three download attempts on this file. In the event that you receive a notice that your access has expired, simply email me, and I’ll reset your access manually.