Class Details: Urban Sketch n’ Wash: Travel Series - Italy
When: Thursdays, December 2nd, 9th and 16th
What: Urban Sketch n’ Wash Journey thru Italy
Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, PST
Where: Zoom Live Lesson (recording to follow several hours after class)
We are traveling through Italy, and diving deep into urban sketch n’ wash art journaling. Our journey will take us to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Roman Coliseum, the country side in Tuscany, a gondola ride and let’s not forget about the food and wine! We have a short month this trip, as we have the holidays coming up, so this adventure will only be 3wks long.
Absolutely no experience required, this is a loose sketch and paint style that’s sure to loosen you up and get you ready for some plein air painting excursions.As per usual plein air watercolor journeys, we will use a limited palette of colors, do a lot of color mixing, master the scribbly sketches and document our virtual journey through England. I will use the supplies listed here in our supply list, but I will also use a few rubber stamps to finish off that “art journal” look we all love so much. I will list the additional items, should you like to grab them for yourself.
- Watercolor Travel Palette Filled with (think altoid tin size):
Daniel Smith Essential 6 Set in 5ml - New Gamboge, Hansa Yellow Light, Phthalo Blue (GS), French Ultramarine, Quin. Rose, Pyrrol Scarlet, Phthalo Green (BS) & Burnt Umber
- Watercolor Brushes (18/0, 2 and 6 are what I’ll be using)
- Watercolor Mixing Palette, if your travel palette doesn’t have a spot for that
- Generals Sketch n’ Wash Pencil or Mechanical Pencil
- Posca White Acrylic Pen (fine tip)
- Micron 01 Black
- Elegant Writer (please only buy a black, the other colors do not work)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Small Watercolor Mixing Chart (see right on this page), color printed and placed in your passport journal (consider laminating or covering in packing tape on both sides
- OPTIONAL SUPPLIES: travel stamp, travel stamp world vintage script stamp and kraft paper passport cover,
- White Gouache and/or Buff Titanium
Kits (included in cost of class):
- Passport Sized Watercolor Journal
At the time of purchase, you will receive an email from Send Owl, if you do not receive an email within 20 minutes of your purchase, please check your trash or spam mail. In the event that you do not have an email, please reach out, and I will send it to you manually. The Send Owl email includes your class outline and class details. You have three download attempts on this file. In the event that you receive a notice that your access has expired, simply email me, and I’ll reset your access manually.