Roughly ten years ago, I started my watercolor journey, and I did so by stamping images onto watercolor paper and practicing my water to paint ratio. Fast forward ten years, and I’m still stamping and painting. I’ve since refined my skills at sketching and painting, but I still find a great deal of joy in stamping an image quickly and easily & painting my heart out. I want to welcome you to a class in which we explore stamping and painting onto assorted papers, techniques and share in my love of birds.
Each class purchase comes with my new bird stamp set, so don’t worry you’ll definitely get one in your class kit. I will show you my tricks for watercolor painting over a busy and heavily lined stamp and making it look like you did it all freehand!
- Grid Stamp Platform (these are heavy acetate NOT acrylic)
- Vintage Bird Stamps by Lexi
- Assorted Papers (Canson Heritage, 100% rag paper, 100% colored rag paper, Coffee Dyed and Stamped Watercolor paper and Vintage Book paper)
Supplies (please have these ready for class):
- Watercolor paints
- Stamp Ink Pad (permanent – waterproof) in Black and Sepia
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Hickory Smoke
- Palette for mixing colors
- Bleedproof white
- Micron Pen (black and/or brown) size 01
- Heat Tool
- Brushes: 18/0, 2, 6 or 8
- Scrap paper for masking or if you have it masking tape
- Optional: Blossoms and Branches IOD Stamp If you have small flower rubber stamps, these would be a great alternate as well.
At the time of purchase, you will receive an email from Send Owl, if you do not receive an email within 20 minutes of your purchase, please check your trash or spam mail. In the event that you do not have an email, please reach out, and I will send it to you manually. The Send Owl email includes your class outline and class details. You have three download attempts on this file. In the event that you receive a notice that your access has expired, simply email me, and I’ll reset your access manually.