With Lexi Grenzer
INSTANT DOWNLOAD (SEE LINK BELOW)
I’m not calling this a Halloween tutorial, as Halloween isn’t everyone’s jam. Please keep in mind you can paint your pumpkins in any color you like. Some of my favorites are a variety of neutrals for this project, so just do what you love! I will show you how I sculpt over pre-existing forms and create a wonderfully textured pumpkin, how to accentuate detail with glazes and washes, how to layer color for optimal depth, how to decoupage and sculpt faces (if you desire). I’m using a combo of Iron Orchid Design Décor Moulds, but you can use whatever you happen to have handy (even your own hands). I will show you a couple whimsical face shapes, assuming you want that or you can simply do moulds, totally your choice. Either way, we’re going to have a really fun day of getting painty – so join us!!!
- IOD Air Dry Clay or Paper Clay
- IOD Moulds or any silicone moulds you might have with leaves or frame designs or you can simply opt to free hand sculpt as well
- Corn starch and brush, if you’re using moulds, this helps to keep your clay from sticking to the mould
- Styrofoam or Foam or Plastic Pumpkin (size is your choice, I will be using one from the Dollar Tree)
- Roycycled Halloween Blocks for 2022 (if you want the owl). I suggest decoupage or napkins or deli paper for the image in the frame, it’s easier to adhere to a concave surface
- Mod Podge or Adhesive for gluing down your decoupage paper
- Cup for water
- Optional: Titebond Adhesive
- Gold, White or Grey and/or Brown for antiquing and raised details
- Acrylic or Chalk Paint
- Paint brushes (assorted sizes)
- Trash Bag (to protect your work surface)
- Paper Towel or Rag (I prefer fabric, as paper towel can pulp, but use what you have handy
- Paper plate for paint colors and glazes
Classroom/Class Outline/Intellectual Property
Facebook Messenger Classroom - We have a private Facebook Messenger group for each of my online classes. If we are not “friends” already on Facebook, please send me a friend request here. I will add you to this Messenger group. It’s a place to communicate with fellow students, share work, and ask questions.
At the time of purchase you will receive an email from Send Owl, if you do not receive an email within 20 minutes of your purchase, please check your trash or spam mail. In the event that you do not have an email, please reach out, and I will send it to you manually. The Send Owl email includes your class outline and class details. You have three download attempts on this file. In the event that you receive a notice that your access has expired, simply email me, and I’ll reset your access manually. Your Zoom class link will be included in your class outline. This same code will be used for the 4wk duration.I own the intellectual property of the work and techniques taught in these classes. I do not sell nor am I sponsored by any of the company’s products that I use in my classes. Please do not license the content created in my classes, duplicate or reteach the classes (online, in person or via recording). These courses are intended for your own personal growth, and I’m delighted to share my love of art with you!