When: Saturday, November 14 2020
Time: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm (one hour lunch break included)
Where: Zoom Virtual Lesson (link provided in class outline)
What: Online Virtual Class + Kit (shipping is free within the US)
Ready to get into the festive season? Dying to make some holiday and/or winter themed home décor? I’ve got you covered, even if this is your first time trying Iron Orchid Designs (IOD) transfers! This is a great workshop for beginners and all you seasoned artists! We’ll spend the day creating all of these projects together, and distance/COVID are no match for our Zoom virtual lessons. We’ll craft ‘til the cows come home! All substrates are included in your kits, I even cut, sanded, painted and stamped the faux wood for you! Kits need time to mail, so please be sure to sign up as soon as possible, our mail is moving at a snail’s pace, so better safe than sorry. If you want to take this class, but don’t think you can spend the whole day with me or can’t make the live lesson, fear not, I record the entire class. This link will be added to the Facebook Messenger group that you’ll be added to, upon registration of class.
This workshop is limited to 20 virtual seats, as supplies are limited.
IF YOU ARE LOCAL (IE BAY AREA CALIFORNIA), YOU MAY USE THE FREE SHIPPING OPTION, WHICH MEANS YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PICKUP YOUR KIT BEFORE CLASS. AT TIME OF CHECKOUT, USE THE FOLLOWING DISCOUNT CODE: LOCALPICKUP
At the time of purchase, you will receive an email from Send Owl, if you do not receive an email within 20 minutes of your purchase, please check your trash or spam mail. In the event that you do not have an email, please reach out, and I will send it to you manually. The Send Owl email includes your class outline and class details. You have three download attempts on this file. In the event that you receive a notice that your access has expired, simply email me, and I’ll reset your access manually. Your Zoom class link will be included in your class outline. This same code will be used for the 8wk duration.
Fresh Cut Evergreen Wood Sign
10” Wood Sign with Stag in the Forest
10” Wood Slat Mistletoe Sign
Coffee Dyed Tags
Poinsettia and Jay Watercolor (or Cardinal if you prefer red)
Surprise Bonus Project
- 12” x 15” Wood Sign – precut, sanded, painted in antique white and stamped with wood grain design
- 10” wood round sign
- 10” wood slatted Mistletoe sign
- Reusable MISTLETOE stencil
- Reusable FRESH CUT EVERGREEN stencil
- red/white twine and 1 yd. of burlap jute twine
- 1 mini upholstery nail
- (3) coffee dyed manila tags
- 2 wood ornaments
- Makeup sponge
- Supplies for your bonus project (die cut project, cast resin elements & Velcro tape)
Class Supplies (you’ll need to grab these):
- Iron Orchid Designs Woodland Christmas Transfer by Lexi Grenzer
*If you were unable to purchase this transfer, most of the projects can be done using my Winter Stag stamp set. It’s a great alternate! You will simply want to include a permanent black ink pad to your supply list.
- Watercolor paints (I used Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue and Cobalt Blue Violet but you can use reds like Cad Red, Alizarin Crimson and Red Fuchsite. For beginner watercolor artists, just grab a Crayola watercolor set and we’ll get you painting in no time!
- Ruler & Scissors
- Large and Small mixed media brush
- Pencil & eraser
- Acrylic Paints: white or cream, dark blue, dark grey or black (if you want more festive add red or blue or green too)
- Water cup
- Watercolor brushes Round 2 and 6
- Heat tool or hair dryer
- Painters tape
- Art tote or rigid surface to tape your watercolor paper down to
- Watercolor Paper 11x14 or smaller
- Palette knife
- Stencils (think holiday like snowflakes, pretty text, candy cane…)
- Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy
- Stamp ink pad with a vintage brown sepia color and/or red
- Distress Blending Tool
- Metal Stylus
- Sanding block or paper
- For the Surprise Bonus Project, you’ll want ScorTape (not a tape runner it’s not strong enough and glue with warp the design).